Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Seeds

After mixing the manure into the soil, I purchased some small plants and some seeds, including peas, pumpkin, and watermelon. 

I took photography in high school and have always enjoyed it, and I like working on the images for this blog.  The mid-day sun is too bright for pictures, so I try to take pictures of my garden in the morning or evening.  I shot these seeds on a white piece of paper on my dining room table--some natural light entering the room from the right. 

I thought I would try to grow some pumpkins since Halloween is coming up this semester.  I just read that Jim and Kelsey Bryson from Canada grew the world's largest pumpkin; it weighed 1,818.5 pounds.  I would be happy with a 10-pound pumpkin that my kids could carve into a jack o'lantern. 

1 comment:

  1. i tried growing a pumpkin for halloween and its taking so long but i cant wait till i actually get a pumpkin

    ReplyDelete