Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Corn

So finally the corn has really started growing. For some reason the corn has taken an extremely long time to start growing. The pumpkins and corn were planted just a couple days apart but the corn which was supposed to have sprouted a couple days after the pumpkin has taking almost three times as long.  Maybe the seeds were bad because out of the twelve I planted inly two have actually sprouted. Another possibilty may have been the extremely unpredictable growing conditions. The weather has been rainiy, freezing temperatures, windy, and the polar opposite: extreme heat, and dry. The weather could have possible made it extremely hard for the corn to grow. Why the pumpkins hace grown so quickly, I am not quite sure but they may be better adapted to grow in these conditions.

8 comments:

  1. I have a slow growing plant too. Glad to see you're making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the end, I hope you had fun doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slowly but surely your plant will grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see that it has started to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my plant grows a lot faster than corn but soon you will be having corn with your dinner! good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. my plant did have a speeder process but i know it wont be as good keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. My plant took a little over two weeks to sprout leaves. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corn takes so long to grow but its tasty

    ReplyDelete