Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

sunflowers



So unfortunately my thoughts were correct. I had hoped I was wrong but I was. I wanted to see if you could grow sunflowers from the bags of sunflower seeds that you eat but this far into the project and nothing has begun to sprout up out of the soil. I read that since the seeds are roasted it kills the seed. The only way they would grow was if you ate raw sunflower seeds. I did not plant raw seeds but lightly salted seeds that were lightly roasted. Now all I have as a result is this nice empty space in my garden.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea that you wanted to experiment from the sunflower seeds we eat. It makes sense that you have to use a raw sunflower seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like they will look good once they reach full growth

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thats awesome! I give you props for trying!

    ReplyDelete