Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little leaf!


(You can barely see the leaf but its that tiny thing in the bottom left part of the pot)

So I finally see a leaf from my sunflowers!! I am so relieved. I honestly thought this was going to be a huge fail, but the fact that there is actually a leaf there I’m happy. A tiny leaf, but a leaf nevertheless. I'm still concerned as to why at my house it is growing but at my grandmas house it isn't? It's very weird to me. Anyways, even though this baby leaf is delayed at least it showed up. I wonder how much longer it'll take for it to actually look like a flower though. I sound this website that tells you all about sunflowers, I thought it was crazy that one leaf grew rite on the left side of my pot and not in the middle or a normal space. This website explains why this happened.
Other than that, I was scared I would drown my little leaf; my little brother thought I wasn’t watering it so he would water it for me everyday-even though I watered it at night. When I found this out I immediately freaked; I thought it was going to drown, I’m not even sure if that’s possible though? Anyways this week I was pretty proud, not as proud as my pumpkins but there was still some joy.

4 comments: