Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

post 7

I am so excited for my sunflower seeds to grow.  However i am a little concerned with the cool weather, and of the affects it will have on the growth of my plant.  Also i think the reason my cantaloup didn't sprout was because the weather was to cold.  I was reading an article that said that in some places the winters are warmer causing some pants to grow in different country's, that wouldn't stand a chance in a winter over hear.  Also i learned some interesting things about sunflowers. Sunflowers are the Kansas state flower.  Sunflowers are are used to feed birds, and the striped sunflower seeds are the ones people eat. 


 link:
 http://igentry.blogspot.com/2009/07/interesting-facts-about-sunflower.html

2 comments:

  1. So humans eat striped sunflower seeds? And sunflower seeds are use to feed birds? H'mm, new information I didn't know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice info on the sunflowers, i didnt know that about them!

    ReplyDelete