Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting the Planting on it's way




Well, I had to cut my refrigeration of the seeds short, cause summer is almost over.  Hoping that this early action on my project doesn't affect my tomatoes from growing good and juicy.  I planted about 5 seeds on a 6 inch pot about 1/4 inch into the soil.  My pot was placed outside my apartment in a spot where it will surely get at'least 4 hrs of direct sunlight.  We are coming into October now, and I know the heat stays with us at'least until almost the end of October, so I still have a few weeks to nourish my plant with the sun's heat.  I'm a bit excited to see even a glimpsed of the plant coming out of the soil from my pot.  Never have I planted anything, and I wanna get this right.  I'm suppose to keep my soil gently moist and wait for my seeds to germinate, which will take about a week or so.  The sun's heat is suppose to hurry the process of germination.  Now I wait till my plant grows 2 to 3 inches to transplanted to maybe a bigger pot, cause I have no garden.  I can't wait, I'm kind of impatient and want to give my plant a steroid or something to make it just "BLOOM".  Starting tomatoes

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same position as you're in. Good luck in your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good plan, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete