Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Update on the search for my mustard seeds





Great news! I finally found my long lost mustard seeds! After learning my lesson of driving all over town looking for my seeds, I decided to call places first. I called about three or four more place with no luck. Then, my luck began to turn around. I was suggested to call Green Thumb in Newhall and they were the only store who had practically any seeds at all and they had not one, but three different kinds of mustard seeds. So I hopped in my car and went right over and bought all three. When I put my mind to something I usually go big so why not get all three? I didn't even know that there were more than one or two types of mustard seeds. Once I got home I decided to plant only two out of the three I got. To be honest the one I left out sounded much more boring than the other two. I filled my two pots about a quarter full of potting mix. Then I used my index finger to create little holes in which to plant my seeds. The packet said to place about three seeds in each hole. My mustard seeds are incredibly small so there may have been a few more seeds that fell in the holes by accident. Woops. I covered up the holes and I am now waiting for some sprouts to come popping out of the soil. It’s exciting waiting for something to grow, and fortunately for me mustard seeds are easy to grow. This is turning out to be more fun than I imagined.

                                                                      Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You finally found them!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! This should be really interesting.. can't wait to hear thw outcome!

    ReplyDelete