Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Valerie's Personal Growth Project - Sweet Peas Germinating seeds

I found a couple of methods to germinate Sweet Pea seeds. I was so confused as to what approach to take, as I began feeling a little frustrated, confused and unsure of which process to take, I picked up the seed package to read it for the last time and for some strange reason this time after reading it for the 30th time I noticed the suppliers website. I logged on to search for her detailed instruction for germinating her sweet pea seeds. Renee's Garden instructions for germinating were so simple and easy. I felt like I hit the jackpot. Ha! Today
I will follow instructions 1- 6. Below are some pictures of my sowing process. I was only able to take pictures of the first couple of steps, it became difficult and messy to take pictures while doing the work and I had to move quickly before my children woke up and thought it was playtime with dirt and shovels.  

Step one Renee recommends clipping or as she calls it "nicking" the top layer of the Sweet Pea seed by doing this it helps the seed absorb water immediately and helps germinate a few days sooner. 
I found an old bucket in my garage, I added my soil and some water moistened it and started sowing my seed.
Todays final product



4 comments:

  1. What made you want to do sweet peas? It seems like you understand the conept of growing them.Good luck with the sweet peas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were beautiful, and they are also very low maintenance. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Sweet peas should be a fun plant to grow! :D

    ReplyDelete