Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Strange qualities of Parsley



When I decided to grow parsley I just thought, "Wow! I can actually grow something that I will use!!" I am Lebanese and parsley is one of the main ingredients in the salad Tabouleh.   Obviously to make an entire salad I would need more than this one pot.  (Parsley is the middle pot in the picture above)  Well, when I started doing more research on parsley I learned that it has a lot of nutritional value.  Parsley is used in a lot of restaurants as a garnish and no one eats it.  Parsley contains pro vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and vitamin C.

Along with all the good nutrition in parsley there is also other qualities that can be used for medical needs.  The oil from the plant and seed can be used as a diuretic.  There are toxic properties of parsley oil like apiol and myristicin, which should not be given to pregnant women.

It can also be used for medical treatment. It can help treat gout, arthritis, rheumatism, and menstrual pain. 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know the majority of the stuff parsley could do to help a persons health. I think your planting was well stated, and i wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before i read your post i didn't know anything about parsley except that it tastes really good. I think you stated the post correctly and taught me what i didn't know. Good job and good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's so interesting, i think you did a good job on this. Also do you like tabouleh?

    ReplyDelete