Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Personal Growth Project: Planning

    When the Growth Project was given in class, I had thought to myself "what the heck am I supposed to grow?" Since I wasn't into flowers or even growing them, I gave it an extra thought, "what's cool to grow?" After thinking about it, I remembered the snapdragon.
    When i was about 12-years-old, I was hanging out with my mother during a hot summer day, and she had pointed out a flower. She had described to me that this one flower is called a snapdragon; indeed, this flower had the head shape of a dragon. My mom had shown me as you pinch the sides of this flower the "mouth" starts to open as if a dragon opened its mouth.
    How do I care for this flower to begin with? Since we're beginning to go into fall, it's still very hot outside; hot weather is needed to grow these type of flowers. This factor was perfect in my favor because I have a backyard, a bag of rich soil and plenty of water to care for these flowers. All I need to worry about is pruning this flower as time goes on. Hopefully in a few weeks, my flower will grow into a 6-inch tall dragon.


1 comment:

  1. What?, a dragon flower, how cool is that. I can't wait to see the dragon open its mouth "smile".

    ReplyDelete