Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Plant Time!


Day 2 Blog

    Before I could plant my Pansy seeds, I had to prepare the soil. I dug up roots from the flower bed with an ax/ fork; I picked out  the remaining twigs, roots and rocks. There was a tree root growing into the flower bed, so I removed it with a stem cutter. After I leveled the soil, It's time to plant the seeds! I removed a thin layer of soil, and placed my seeds down. When I finished covering my seeds with earth, I applied water. I placed tooth picks around the section I planted my seeds, so I know exactly where they are. Finally, I placed a rock that says Dream next to my section; therefore, my seeds can dream and grow. I can't wait! lol

http://www.designsbysusan.com/fl_PansyFacts.html

6 comments:

  1. not a bad way to encourage your flowers to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like the idea about toothpicks, I think I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea with the toothpicks and your dream rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice your flowers are going to have nice fresh soil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Choice! and good luck in your process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i grew these about a year ago, you will love em!

    ReplyDelete