Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Personal Growth Project 2012

Day 2 Blog


As day two of the blog approached, I was really excited to plant the beans. They sprouted dramatically and as the directions stated I planted them in heavy soil outside with lots of sun: eHow: How To Grow Black Beans. I was worried that my choice for this project was a little dull, but while researching the benefits of eating black beans I found this website: 6 Health Benefits of Black Beans. I was shocked! Surprisingly, consuming black beans prevents cancer and promotes a healthy heart. Who knew such a small substance could do so much? After actually planting the seeds and mildly watering them, I realized I was missing something; a key component to growing plants successfully. Earth worms! Worms are essential when growing any kind of plant, so I dug up half a dozen from my garden and snuggled then comfortably in the soil with my beans. Earth worms keep the soil loose, allowing the roots to grow strong, they also provide a natural fertilizer to keep the plants nourished. All these factors are proven to assist in growing some healthy black beans.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! I did not know that beans where so healthy, in the cotnreary i thought they were filled of carbs and sodium. I might just start eating them more often!! goodluck! You did a verry good job stating your beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that beans were this healthy to the body. I guess people learn something new each day. Good luck on the project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One, black beans prevent cancer; wow!. Two, new knowledge; earth worms help keep soil loose. Very informative, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you know your stuff! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black beans are very delicious, and you specifically described all the information so well. Good JOB

    ReplyDelete
  6. DId not know worms could help grow!!! i will try to use them in my pot. Good, usefull information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique choice growing beans!! I hope they turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait until your final blog posting where you show the burrito you've made from your beans. Good choice of plant!

    ReplyDelete