Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Planting The Seeds!

Today I started planting my Sweet Pea flowers. Before planting the seeds I had to take nail clippers and nick the outer coat of the seeds so they can absorb water immediately. By doing this a larger percentage of the seeds will germinate and they will sprout a few days earlier. After nicking the seeds I began to prepare the soil. I aerated the soil with an ax/fork; pulled out roots, weeds, leaves, sticks etc. and made sure the soil was all leveled and ready for me to sow the seeds. With a tool I made a furrow long enough for all the seeds and I also had to make sure it was 2 inches deep. Finally I put the seeds in, spaced them out just right, put tooth picks around so I can section it off and know exactly where I planted my seeds, and watered them. Day one of this planting process is complete!



http://www.reneesgarden.com/articles/swp-direct-tips.html

5 comments:

  1. I love how you put a lot of work to your project. I hope your flowers bloom beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting, I think Sweet Pea flowers are a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about how you have planted your sweet peas. I think its great that you researched so much about how to grow these and took the time to do a really good job. I'm looking forward to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Choice! and good work! espeacially good luck in your process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a great amount of pictures i enjoyed seeing all the aspects of planting them

    ReplyDelete