Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Personal Growth Project Blog #2

In the beginning of this personal growth project I decided to go plant a sunflower since they are really pretty and easy to do. Over the weekend I decided to go buy the seed; however, the person that worked in the plant section informed me that it was too late to grow a sunflower since summer is almost over. I had to pick another flower to grow which disappointed me because I was looking forward into growing a sunflower. As I was looking and listening to what my other options were I came across a flower called viola. I decided to plant this flower because it could be planted throughout the year and it's a very beautiful flower that may grow up to 6 inches tall. I planted the flower in a large pot and not on the ground for the fear of having my dogs digging everything up and ruining my project. The only things I needed to plant this flower was a large pot, pot soil, water, and the seeds. It will take about 3 weeks to a month before they start to sprout and I would have to fertilize them every other month. There is more interesting information about the viola on this link Viola: Johnny jump in.

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing sunflowers for my personal growth project. I hope my flowers still grow though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M'mm, what a dissapointment to have someone stop you in your tracks when you were determine to a particular seed. Good job on deciding on another plant so quickly. I will plant mines in doors, so hopefully my tomatoes are in season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw dang, I wanted to plant sunflowers too! Luckily you didn't need too much to plant your violoas though!

    ReplyDelete