Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

My Plans for our Personal Growth Project

As a kid, my dad was always the one who taught me the values of growing plants and caring for them, and how we too could reflect the growth of a plant to the growth in all of us. As soon as i found out our main assignment in this project, I went directly to him, knowing he would be the best person to help me out on it. I mentioned a few generic plants i knew, like daisies or sunflowers, but he figured that if i am only doing this project once, why not embellish upon it? So he introduced me to the Bougainvillea, a beautiful paper thin plant hailing from South America.

We have a rose bush and some iceberg plants growing in our backyard currently, the front yard being occupied with a white rose bush that has just finished stripping itself of its petals for the upcoming fall. My dad told me that if i plant the Bougainvillea in the front, it is less likely to grow in a healthy environment due to the amount of times animals or people pass through it. So we have decided on the backyard to be best. It works perfectly because the backyard gets sunlight for about 7 hours, which is more than enough for the plant. we are still debating on whether a pot is ideal for this because of the way the plant grows. But if all goes well, then i can say i have finally grown something, an expectation i have had for quite some time now.


1 comment:

  1. This flower is so pretty! I'm sure with a little bit of your dads help everything will work out. Good luck!(:

    ReplyDelete