Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Choosing What to Grow


I live in a gated community in Granada Hills, and I only have so much space to grow my choice of flowers or vegetables. I was a little apprehensive, and even dreading the thought of growing my own crops, but I might as well give it a try. I began researching what types of plants to grow, but my interest in sunflowers and tomatoes impeded with further topics of vegetation; leading me to decide one or the other. Tomatoes were something I always wanted to grow, but rabbits often roam around the streets. I didn't want to risk having my tomatoes devoured so in the end, I decided to grow sunflowers. I knew I had to remove all of those white rocks because they would interrupt the growth process, as well as buy sunflower seeds. Here's some more information about sunflowers that I think people would enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a relatively small growing area, so i can see the problem your in too. But most garden plants don't root as big, so space shouldn't be too much of a problem. Hopefully your sunflowers come out looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete