Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rabbits and Worms


Trouble began when my daughter's rabbits started nibbling on my tomato plants.  This is either Dexter or Fluffy; I cannot tell them apart.  I looked into putting a fence around the garden to keep the rabbits out, but I decided that it was too much work. 

How much can Dexter and Fluffy eat?

It turns out that they can eat a lot.  They ate my peas down to the ground.  They ate all the leaves off the string beans, which killed them, and they feasted on my strawberry plants.  Now I know that I need a fence to protect my garden, and I'll set one up for next year. 

Another problem is the tomato worm.  I started noticing that the leaves were disappearing in one area, so I took a closer look and found this worm.  It is well camouflaged and has a horn on the end of its body; I believe the horn is on the tail.  Anyway, I researched a little bit about these worms on the Internet.  They can destroy your tomato plants if you don't find them and get rid of them. 

When I picked the worm up, he played dead.  I didn't have the heart to kill him, so I threw him over the fence into my neighbor's yard.  He won't mind!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment