Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Personal Growth Project

For this semester's Personal Growth Project, we had the choice of our own to grow anything we wanted; choices of plants, fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc. As much as I really wanted to plant some of my favorite types of flowers, I found in my research that none of these flowers would be quite as successful as a vegetable would be at this particular time of year- what is known as the Cool Growing Season. Finding that there wasn't much to spark my attention, I decided to go with broccoli. I actually enjoy eating broccoli very much, so I thought "hey, why not"? Plus, I found it neat that I might possibly be able to serve it for Thanksgiving. I have grown other plants in my backyard before during the different seasons previously in the years, so I don't see why broccoli wouldn't work out in my favor- that being the comfort of my own backyard. In my findings I have found that broccoli isn't too expensive to grow on your own; all you really need are the broccoli seeds themselves, your growing area/soil for the plant, and the obvious- nurturing. As I was doing my research, I came across some very informative websites for growing broccoli. The one website that I will probably visit most often for guidance is: http://www.northwest-gardening.com/vegetables/broccoli.asp I hope this project turns out successful, as it would probably motivate me to start a garden of other vegetables- meaning I would be transforming to a healthier lifestyle. Two for one!


1 comment:

  1. broccoli looks like itd be hard to grow, but im sure you can pull it off :o

    ReplyDelete